Essays + Interviews
I have been writing about fashion, music, art and design for over 10 years, and have had the pleasure of interviewing hundreds of creatives across the cultural sphere. From break out bands to designers at the top of their game, I bring original perspective and an engaged approach to the classic interview format.
Here is a selection of my favourite personal essays and interviews that have been published in print.
Dapper Dan Magazine
- Cover interview with musician Ben Harper
- Hunter, Gatherer: meditation on the resale economy
- Interview with artist Suzanne Triester
- Interview with curator Larry Ossei-Mensah
- Interview with designer Philippe Malouin
- Designing For Everyman: the eclecticism and
individuality of Glenn Martins (Interview)
- Griefstates: how our online experience is generating new models of loss
- Impulse: self control at the end of the pandemic
- Interview with poet Anthony Anaxagorou
- Interview with director Matt Wolf
- Cities in the Anthropecene: interview with Ihnji Jon about environmentalism in urban areas, paired with a photo essay by the photographer Paolo Zerbini.
- The process of gesture: Bianca Saunders and Saul Nash (interview). Chaired a conversation between two of London’s most exciting young designers.
Ramla Ali: an interview with boxing champ in her local gym as she trained for her Olympic bid.